The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:57 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: 504 composite.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:52 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Anyone else here got one of these on order now? My AD has just one commitment, obviously mine, which surprises me!

I keep reading Swiss watch makers generally are still riding a sales wave but this place and some others seem terribly slow and i confess i have lost a lot of desire for Panerai over the past year. To my own astonishment, i have sold my Bronzo and even returned the 368 i bought most recently. I just didn't want them any more! I have retained some 'favourites' though.

I believe i've said previously, this years Panerai releases were disappointing to me, the overly fussy script appearing on the Rad cases, both inside and out are off-putting to me and the tightening grip of what will become Boutique sales only eventually i personally dislike.

Perhaps i'm done with the brand after all? the 504 will be interesting enough, i hope, to make me want to keep it but i wouldn't bet on it.

Post subject: Re: 504 composite.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:14 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Baz1950 wrote:
Anyone else here got one of these on order now? My AD has just one commitment, obviously mine, which surprises me!

I keep reading Swiss watch makers generally are still riding a sales wave but this place and some others seem terribly slow and i confess i have lost a lot of desire for Panerai over the past year. To my own astonishment, i have sold my Bronzo and even returned the 368 i bought most recently. I just didn't want them any more! I have retained some 'favourites' though.

I believe i've said previously, this years Panerai releases were disappointing to me, the overly fussy script appearing on the Rad cases, both inside and out are off-putting to me and the tightening grip of what will become Boutique sales only eventually i personally dislike.

Perhaps i'm done with the brand after all? the 504 will be interesting enough, i hope, to make me want to keep it but i wouldn't bet on it.

havent even given it a thought....happy with what i have and now looking at a few other brands.

chicago, usa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:48 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

I think I'm gonna go for the smaller 505 self winder with brown hands. I had tried on the 386 previously, but apparently it's been cancelled.
I was hoping to see it at Tourneau last Thursday as I was invited to their 2012 Panerai Collection event (prez of Panerai NA was there), but they said it was a late addition and didn't have one. I tried on a 45 mm black ceramic case Radiomir and, honestly, it probably looks better than the Radiomir.
Passed (lol) on a $40K Patek perpetual calendar preowned Friday, so I should have the funds for the PAM.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:23 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

For those with an interest, the confirmed UK prices of the 504 & 505 are £6400 and £6300 respectively.

How the manual wind costs more that the auto is beyond me? perhaps i'm just getting ever more cynical that the brands thinking is, the 504 will be more popular so 'we' can charge more.

Sadly, my enthusiasm for Panerai wanes a little every day.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would not put that above them, but I think its a common practice with many watch makers. They charge more for certain models simply because they can and the market supports it. But in this case, maybe the extra 100 is for the 2mm worth of case ...