The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:48 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hi, a newbie here.
I own a ten year old PAM024, from 2004. On my bezel: when the main reference indicator dot is set straight above 12 o'clock, my three reference markers of 15, 30 and 45 minutes on my bezel are all set/turned at the upright position (matching the same direction as my 12 and 6 on the PAM24).

I have noticed that on many Panerai's that have reference markers, the main reference markers (eg. 15, 30, 45) on the bezels are turned sideways, each of them set/turned to a circular clockwise position.

Can anyone please share with me how often the setting/direction of bezel reference numbers may vary on Panerai's ?
(I've heard that some come from Panerai this way, I just don't know a ballpark of how often)

Thank you very much for your expert feedback! And please let me know if I need to clarify how my reference markers are layed out. I'm sure I can post a pic if I need. Thanks again!!

Violon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:06 pm 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

Never seen that before, doesn't sound right, I believe the markers are screwed in but doubt they have all unscrewed slightly to line up like that. Try posting a picture, see if someone can help further.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:36 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Thanks Simon, I'll post a pic soon. Thanks for your feedback!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:35 am 
Panerai Aficionado
Panerai Aficionado

I've not logged into this forum in some while but, from what you describe the 15/30/45 numbers are all horizontal with the lume pip positioned at '12'?

That is incorrect, the 15/30/45 should all face inwards towards the centre pinion such that when they are rotated to the '12' position they are legible being the right way up. As Simon has said some owners have had these rotated all to a horizontal position as they presumably think it looks better. They are indeed all individually screw fixed from the back so are easily adjusted but bezel removal is not for the inexperienced.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've seen them become loosened and slightly not line up the way they are supposed to be, but it definitely sounds like the previous owner intentionally had them set that way.