The Panerai Source Forums

The Ultimate Panerai Discussion Forum!
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:52 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: date window
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:53 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hello I am having the same problem, somtimes it even looks like a half circle smudge. I did not see these "reflections" for the first three month of owning my pam 88
can anyone tell me if sending in for service would do any good? Its really bothering me and it is not just dots. At certain angles it looks like a smudges from the inside. I realize now it is just a reflection but never the less. Could it be an imperfection of the date window that could be replaced? One other thing is there a customer service number for panerai?

thank you in advance

Report this post

Attachments:
paneraispot2.jpg
paneraispot2.jpg [ 108.19 KiB | Viewed 5149 times ]
paneraispot1.jpg
paneraispot1.jpg [ 113.91 KiB | Viewed 5149 times ]
 Post subject: Re: date window
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:32 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

anybody have a suggestion, it looks worse in person. Does anyone know if Panerai would fix?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:58 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Would anyone, perhaps the moderator, answer my inquiry? I am about to go back to AD to have watch sent back, but I do not want to part with my Watch for 6 weeks if this is a very common accurance. Please note that the pictures are not marks on top of crystal. Pleassssssss someone respond!!!!!!! The picture's are just a sampling of what I have been seeing, I cannot imagine this is normal. I can live with a reflevtive dot here and there but if you look at picture you will see what is occuring.

please someone in the know, help a fellow paneristi out

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:49 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

YOU KNOW I HAVE SEEN QUITE A FEW STUPID QUESTIONS ANSWERED ON THIS AND BREITLING FORUMS

I THINK MY SITUATION IS VALID AND COULD BE ANSWERED BY A FELLOW PANARISTI IN THE KNOW.

THANK YOU ALL FOR IGNORING ME MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!

SOMEONE COULD OF SAID THAT IS NORMAL, OR YOUR BEING TO ANAL

BUT I GET NOTHING

THANKS FOR NOTHING!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:54 am 
Panerai Regular
Panerai Regular

Panerai North America
645 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor
NY 10022 New York
Phone: 001 212 8888 788
Fax:001 212 8912315

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:54 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hey mklot,

If you use that kind of language, you REALLY do not belong here... :cry: When I saw your message I thought about replying with some advice, but then I scrolled down and found you had totally ruined it. Please refrain from using that kind of language. I come here to read about Panerai watches, like you, but you clearly have no regard for others. Shame. Maybe you should buy another watch next time, something with lots of diamonds (something tells me you'd be into that).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:03 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

poktori,
I really do not think I used any language except frustration from no one helping me. You can see the pictures and I needed someone to advise if this is normal or not. It seems to me that this forum is just for showing off people's new watches. You can see the pictures I posted. I just need someone to tell me if these "phantom" images are normal or not. My post was ignored for several day's in which I was waiting for a reply before going to AD. I did not use foul language or insult anybody, I just expresed by dissapointment of receiving no responce from anyone. I am sure that their are many Panarai owners with the bubble date window, and someone could of just responded "this is normal"
or "you have a defect on you bubble date window. As for the bling reference, I do not see where your getting that impresion of me. I apologise if I offended you or anybody else. By the wa I still have not received any feedback from anybody, except for a phone number (thank you for that)!!!!

MKLOT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:23 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Dear mklot,

Thanks for the reply. I understand your frustration... It can be awfully quiet on this forum, but sometimes solutions are not easily found. Had it been something people had a solution for, I am sure they would have replied immediately, but the problem you have is quite rare, and I have not seen it before myself. It is, of course, always best to go to an AD, especially when it concerns something like this (which may be caused by very minor bits of oil or humidity on the inside). External issues can sometimes be easily dealt with by a non-AD, but for this one...

Anyway, I hope you can get it sorted out soon. And I will promise not to get too shocked next time I see some one write "a..l"... :shock:

:D

poktori

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:52 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

well I have been to an AD Tournoe. They told me it is normal BUT they could send in to Panarai but I would just end up paying over $500 for a new crystal and still have the same problem. I looked at the other Panarais they have in the store and they kinda had the same problem, not the weird lines and 1/2 circle's but there were reflections(dots). I was really hoping someone could lead me to a decision on wheather to send in and bite the bullet on a new crystal, but if I do that and the same thing occurs I will be really upset.

thanks for at least repling to me poktori, it was the fact I was being ignored that really upset me

Peace to all, Im not a bad guy, just needed some advise for a strange problem

I still have several months on warrantee if someone can help me out

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, you are a demanding fellow. I go on vacation for 1 1/2 weeks and I'm not allowed to take a break it seems.

If it is not the reflections that have been discussed in the past, then there may be dust. Simply getting it cleaned should not cost anything especially if under warranty still.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:16 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Well, first of all I hope you had a nice vacation. I believe it is a reflection but I did not see much discussion other then dots on this forum, which are obviously just light reflecting. If you have already read thru the thread I hope you do not think I was out of line on any of my posts. I just thought the pictures I posted would of waranted some responce. I think I am just going to live with it for now, unless someone could offer a solution. Leave it to me to have a problem while the Moderator is on Vacation haha

MKLOT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:47 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Dear MKLOT,
I just saw your post, and my PAM 164 (J series) has the same phenomenon. I've never seen this half circle on the date bubble before, but just yesterday, I noticed it, and its behind the lens. It's starting to bother me.

At certain angles in the light, its gone. Sometimes, it looks like a small drop of water the size of a pin head, and a few hours later, it looks like a half circle hologram.

Anyone else have this kind of phenomenon?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:25 pm 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

OK, feel stupid, its just a the reflection from the light, but really looked like some defect in the bubble.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:17 am 
Panerai Newbie
Panerai Newbie

Hahah mklot, relax, this forum is really quiet.
However, your 'issue' has forced me to finally sign up.

I bought a 297 and thought the same thing as you, then realized it changed according to light source above me. My clients office has a mixture of long florescent lights and small spot lights. The lines that were generated in the crystal were due to the florescent tubes, and the dots were from the spot lights. Please not that the 'bubble' acts a bit like a wide angle lens on the camera, so even though the spot lights making the dots are not situated above you, the bubble captures quite a lot of light from around you.

Hope that helps settle the nerves.